Monday, April 18, 2011

Gotta love working in retail...

I meant to post this last week, but forgot...

Last Wednesday a middle-aged lady came up to me at the pharmacy, to ask if her diabetic husband could take Panadol. I said yes. She asked me to check with the pharmacist, which confirmed my answer.

"Okay then, so he can take Panadol," she said, "but will it cause sleepishness?"

"SLEEPISHNESS???" I wanted to yell! But I retained my composure and said, "No, it won't make him drowsy at all."

To which she replied, "Okay, can I get some of the genetic brand Panadol then?"

:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear!

    She must have been on something pretty strong herself to make a mess of her words like that. (Think Greenbottle from 'Yes, What?', that 1930s Aussie radio comedy...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleepishness...genetic...

    I guess it is Wollongong after all ;)


    Carly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I know... imagine what they must get in Nowra!! ;)

    ReplyDelete