Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Learning curves (not talking about my tummy)

I've managed to start taking it a bit easy these last couple of weeks... I've just been so tired! I realised that, since finishing work, I'd had so many things I wanted to do that I'd been putting off "til I finished work", that I was just wanting to plough through my To-Do List and cross everything off. However, in my quite-pregnant state, everything was taking me longer than I expected and I was getting more tired than I expected. Suffice to say, a couple of meltdowns later I worked that out, so now I just set myself one or two jobs a day. It's strange to have to adjust ones expectations of oneself. Also, my level of productivity is lower than usual, which is hard for me to handle...

Anyhow, so now I'm a much more peaceful human being, and I've come to realise that it's okay that my floor needs vacuumming and it's okay that I don't have the energy to do it today. :)

Mum and Meaghan planned me a beautiful baby shower on 16th July - it was such a fun day, and I felt very blessed by all my wonderful family and friends!

I made cupcakes:



Meaghan made fairy bread:



This is a game we played - a race to drink the water from the sipper cups:



A not-brilliant shot of some of the guests and Alastair's streamer-hanging-skills:



And Dad and I afterwards, comparing tummies:



* * * * *

We stayed with Mum and Dad that night, and the next day went to watch the Swans play Fremantle... which was dismal. We might have won, if not for some very dodgy umpiring. Anyhow, it was there that I decided that was my last game for this year... it was cold... the seats are hard... I ended up with a sore back... etc. So Alastair took Dad to the one on Saturday just gone (Bulldogs) and they had a great time together - and it's always much nicer when your team wins. :) We had yummy Thai for tea when they got home for Dad's birthday (which was on Monday). :)

I've had the opportunity to do some sewing since I last posted... I made two little patchwork cot quilts (which are off at the quilters' and I forgot to take a photo before they left so you'll have to wait til they come back!)... and a gift for Debbie (who gave us all the baby stuff, and whose birthday it was the day of my baby shower). I was really pleased with how all my projects turned out... it's so good to have time to be creative! :)



And that's about it really... a Mother's Group is being started up at church this Friday morning, so I'm going to go along to that and see how it goes.

I'm just shy of 36 weeks now... and getting to the bit-uncomfortable stage... the baby has been going crazy when I rest on the couch after tea each night, doing massive kicks/punches/rolls/whatever takes its fancy! I can't wait to meet this little personality! But it's still all so surreal................

5 comments:

  1. Your baby shower looks like it would have been fun! Wow, can't believe only 4 weeks til you're a real Mama! :)
    I can fully relate to not having as much energy in the last few weeks...I went for my first exercise walk yesterday since Daniel's arrival, and boy, it was so much easier now, without the whale belly! It's amazing what a difference it makes not having to carry a lil person around 24/7.
    Love the photo of you and your Dad comparing bellies!
    Can't wait to hear your news in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S... Love, Andrea xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It looks like you had a great time at the Shower...we are really looking forward to meeting Baby Wilson.
    Could you please send me your address details again --I keep losing them. :(
    Love,
    Amanda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello :) Can totally relate to the feelings of frustration about not being able to go as hard at it as you're used to! Bit of a shock isn't it. Glad you're taking it easy and being realistic.
    Baby shower looks like so much fun! And I love the pic of you and your dad. Very funny ;-)
    Really admire your creative projects - what a great way to spend the last few weeks! Good on you. Your next project should be to make a Swans item of clothing for your bubby. My mother-in-law just finished a little beanie - SO cute!
    Enjoy this special time of preparation and praying you continue to stay well and rested (as much as possible).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, all, for your lovely comments! :)

    Amanda - email sent to you with our address. :)

    And Rebecca, Alastair's Nan is currently knitting a Swans-themed set (jumper and booties at least) for baby, so that's taken care of already! You take care in your last few weeks too. :)

    ReplyDelete