Friday, July 8, 2011

Seven weeks to go...

Time flies, as usual. Last Friday was my last day of work, the girls bought me flowers, one made cupcakes, and the boss bought us all Italian for lunch. :)

The next day, we drove down to Canberra for our friend Jessica's 21st birthday party. It was good to catch up with friends we hadn't seen for a while, and fun to do the bush dancing! I only managed five of the dances though... :P

We stayed overnight with Aunty Heather and Uncle Mike in Murrumbateman, and the next day the cousins came out with their kids (including cute 3-month-old Poppy!) for lunch. It was lovely to see them all - Alastair had fun kicking the footy with the boys, and I talked pregnancy with the girls. :)

So on Monday, it was my first day as a stay at home mummy. :) I did too much though and got tired more quickly than I expected. Tuesday and Wednesday I babysat Mairead and Hamish (Donna's kids - she's at a World Skills convention). They slept over on the Tuesday night... it was pretty full-on, and I am really really tired. Thursday I got to do the washing, change the sheets, and do some cooking.

It's been a week of seeing people... I had the opportunity to catch up with Meaghan, the Harrowsmith girls, and my friend Bek. Bek is about to become a nun, so it was our last opportunity to see her for a few years. Also, Joel and Katherine are down from Gilgandra, and they came for dinner last night.

Tomorrow, Debbie and Chris, (who gave us all their no-longer-needed baby stuff a few months ago), are coming to show us how to set up the cot and install the car seat, etc!!! It's so exciting that we are at this point now... only 7 weeks to go! When this part is all organised, I'll start the cot quilt I've got planned, and start washing the baby clothes. :)

By the way, the heartburn is terrible!!! :(

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a stay at home mum! It must have been hard working so far into your pregnancy. You did well! :)

    All this sounds fun, and very tiring!

    The heartburn will be over in 7 weeks, I can fully sympathise!

    Our little bubby is a dream baby, so happy and content, I'm loving having him out and not being pregnant anymore! :)

    Love, Andrea xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! 7 weeks - that's come up quickly.
    Totally with you on the heartburn thing - have you tried Eno's? It has been working well for me.
    We'll probably both have hairy babies :-P (Old wives' tale)
    All the best for the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO THRILLED at the changes that are just on the horizon for you. 7 weeks is so totally not a long time, and all of a sudden you're going to have a wonderful, unique and unrepeatable little person in your life - doesn't get much more exciting than that!!

    I really wish I was going to be around to meet your little one... junior Carlastair. *wink* I guess the awesome thing about being united in Christ is that it sorta makes time and distance a little bit irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers, girly.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete