Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013, A New Year

2013 started with a bang for us, with the annual Glen Family get together on New Years Day. I love my extended family, they're such a great bunch of cool people! And it's so exciting to see all the little ones in the next generation toddling around together! Anthea got to have her first swim in a big pool (that's not a plastic clam shell on the lawn) and just loved it - then had the biggest afternoon sleep ever!

The night of the 2nd though, I had nearly 12 hours of vomiting and diarrhea before Alastair decided that enough was enough and called an ambulance. I was quite dehydrated, but after several hours in emergency, with several litres of IV fluids, I was beginning to feel better. Very thankful it happened while Alastair was still on holidays, though it meant that he didn't get much of a holiday! Meaghan came down to take Annie back to their house for Thursday and Thursday night (our first night away from her - I don't know if she even noticed!) to give me a chance to rest up a bit. Alastair hasn't been sick, but Annie had it Friday/Sat, though not too severely. Boy, you know you're alive when you're bathing a vomiting baby, changing sheets and cleaning carpet before you're better from your own dose of the bug. I'm feeling much better now, but it's taking a while to regain my energy.

While being seen to in hospital I kept asking if they could check that the baby was okay, but at the end when I didn't even realise that they were taking the canula out to send me home, they finally said they were too busy and I could talk to the Dr about it at my appointment on 9th (tomorrow). So I'm hoping everything is fine... it's a horrible waiting game though. Probably everything is fine, but it's just the not knowing. I have heard of women carrying a dead baby for several weeks before their body gets things sorted and starts the miscarriage process. We've been praying hard.

Alastair went back to work yesterday, so I had to buck up and do stuff. :) Meaghan came down and helped me to get the house cleaned up and back to normal after our rough week, and she helped me with a bit of shopping too... and she cooked our dinner and made a fruit salad before she left. What would I do without her? What would Annie do without her, more to the point - Aunty Meaghan is clearly her favourite, and she cries whenever she walks out of the room. :P

We've enjoyed spending time (when not sick!) with Lachlan who is back for two short weeks. He loves Anthea and it's been nice to see them getting along so well - she's taken to him, so he finds that pleasing. :) He is a very noisy person though. Goodness me he's noisy.

I can't think of anything else interesting, so I'll close here, and try to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. You poor dears...thankfully you are over it now.
    Hope everything goes well at your appointment.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about all the sickness drama! That is NOT fun when you have 2 (!) babies involved! I'm sure your unborn little one is just fine... our bodies are very resilient, even when we are dehydrated, underfed and physically wrecked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the year can only get better!

    ReplyDelete