Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ahh!

The cool change has come through - what a relief!

The morning sickness has become more of a periodic thing throughout the day, instead of constant nausea, so that is wonderful... although the heat has been making me feel just as sick. It's just exhausting. We've had so many days of hot weather, and it has been unbearable to sleep upstairs, so we've been downstairs on the couch.

Anyhow, enough whinging - the southerly has come, and it is cool and beautiful. I may even need to put jeans on for church tonight. :) I've baked choc chip cookies today, and quiche for tea (the former - much to Alastair's delight; the latter, much to his disgust!), and got organised for the week ahead. Some friends dropped in for an hour, and that was very pleasant.

School started back last week, so Monday was my first day of teaching. I'm only teaching one day and pharmacy-ing four days. We've been trying to keep our activities to a minimum lately, because I've been so tired after a week of work. It's worth it though, our personal loan is coming down more quickly now, and should be gone in a couple of months!

I'm just over 11 weeks now, so only one more week until I'm "officially" pregnant! My first antenatal appointment was last week, and it seemed to go well. The midwife we met with (our "primary" midwife) was lovely. All being well, we'll have the care of the same few midwives right through the pregnancy, birth, and afterwards, so that sounds wonderful. I have my first ultrasound Thursday week... I guess that's where we find out if it's one or two... or three. :)

Seems to be a bit of a baby-boom this year - we are the last of 8 couples having babies between March and August! How exciting!

Well, I think my quiche is nearly ready. Oh wow, it's lovely to feel like I have even a small amount of energy in the cool......

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're feeling a touch better! I know the feeling with the heat!

    Wow! Have you started to show yet? I felt like I was from about 10 weeks, but others didn't notice til about 14-16 :)

    When will you stop work? I don't know how you do it while being pregnant!!

    Sounds like a lovely weekend!

    Lots of love xo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have started to show... my clothes don't fit very well, so I've been wearing a Tummy Band - http://www.tummyband.com.au/ :)

    Am going to keep working as long as I can (so hopefully we can save a bit)... but yeah, it's certainly been a bit of a slog! Some days have been awful, but I haven't actually had a day off because of it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you have started feeling better! :)

    And I hope that Alastair ate the quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He ate a very tiny slice..... but didn't like it. :P It was soooo yummy... it had cream, and fetta, and all sorts of yummy things in it!

    ReplyDelete