Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A bit of an update

At the moment, here in Wollongong, it just doesn't seem to stop raining. Apparently, the average rainfall in February is 150mm, but we've already had over 170mm and we're only halfway through! So I've been struggling with getting the washing done (our laundry is outside - in the rain!), and, once it's done, I've been finding it hard to get it dry! Especially with the cloth nappies and everything.

I've also discovered that it is extremely difficult to do the groceries in the rain with a baby. So I've just not been going out. Which, I think, led to me almost going crazy last week - stuck in a tiny granny flat, wet (and smelly - after a day of sitting there and just not getting dry) washing on the clothes horse filling up the "lounge room".... I was just so over it.

But this week things are looking brighter. I guess everyone has their ups and downs... last week was really a bit of a down for me. Poor Alastair helped me over my little meltdown - he's getting quite good at that. :)

Okay. Whinge over.

Since my last post, I have actually completed nearly 6 of the last 10 workbooks for the Community Pharmacy course! So that is exciting. My mum has been coming down to help out with Anthea once or twice a week in order to give me a bit of time to concentrate on my work, which has been great. Yesterday she even cleaned my laundry from top to bottom while she was here - like seriously, she even washed the door!!! :)

At the end of last year, we left Keiraview Uniting Church. It was kind of sad to leave our friends behind, but I spose that the ones we keep up with outside of church are the "real" ones - and there are a few of those. :) Then we had a couple of weeks off, and have, for the last three or four Sundays, been attending the Wollongong Christian Reformed Church. And we have been really enjoying it - good solid teaching, friendly people... just what we need! :) We are now in the process of becoming members there.

What else...? Um... oh, Alastair is four weeks into an eight-week Liver Cleanse Diet. He's doing really well and has lost quite a few kilos now (I forget how many). Eating more salads and heavy brown bread has been good for me too - obviously while I'm breastfeeding I'm not dieting, but the healthier eating certainly isn't doing me any harm. I am just hungry all the time though, so need to cook myself something with a bit of meat or add some cheese... just to bulk the meal up a bit. :P

Anthea is still growing well, and she'll be 6 months in a couple of weeks - I think I'll start her on solids soon. She is such a funny little thing... chewing everything and dribbling constantly. I really hope she's not going to be one of those kids that has to wear a bib til they're 3 because of the dribbling thing though... :P Not quite sitting up on her own, but happy to sit in the highchair and watch everything that's going on. She's just started to laugh when we do blow-fishes on her tummy too, it's so cute. :) She also likes having drinks from my drink bottle, but I think she back-washes a lot, ew. :P Most of this year she has only been pooing once every three days, but every so often it seems there's a bit of a back-log of poo, and we get one a day for a few days in a row. It doesn't bother her, so I guess everything's fine!

She's just woken up, so I'll finish here. Photos next time! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carla,

    I enjoyed reading your update! I'm 'following' your blog now :).

    So you are living in Wollongong now? That's where I was born! In Shellharbour hospital :). All my dad's side of the family are still there. Glad you've found a good place to fellowship!'

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved 'catching up' with you all through reading your post. I found myself chuckling a few times in the last paragraph. I think only new mum's and old people are so occupied with toilet habits. It's hilarious!
    Looking forward to your visit here in March.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Wrong use of apostrophe there...:(
    I love that even your typos (Danielle's Blog) are poo related. :)
    You are so funny!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carla - your baby is growing bigger!!! So cute!
    Good on Alistair for sticking out the Liver Cleansing Diet - that one is hard core, I have done it a few times myself. x

    ReplyDelete