Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sick... Take Two

My post on 14th May said I was sick... well... I thought I was. But in the last few days, I've been sicker than I've been in a loooong time. Wow... being a mummy when sick just takes one to a whole new level of everything. Selflessness. Sacrificial love. That sort of thing.

Alastair had Thursday and Friday off work because he's been sick, and on Friday I came down with it - hard. And I'm so glad that it's now the weekend... I don't know what I'd have done without Alastair. He has been such a wonderful husband as we muddle our way through this new experience as a little family. Today he's feeling a bit better, while I'm feeling about 100 times worse, so he's been getting washing and dishes up to date and looking after Annie while she's awake so that I can just rest and sleep.

I think Anthea is feeling a bit under the weather too, she's a little bit sniffly, but not blocked up... and she doesn't have a cough or anything. But if she's feeling anything like we have, she could have a massive headache and/or sore throat.... so hard when little ones are sick. Last night I was up to her several times, and thought my head was going to explode.....

Anyhow, we've just been lying around really... last night I got all the photos on the computer sorted into folders like I've been meaning to do for ages, so that was a good thing. I've got a whole lot more to share with you all soon. :)

Oh, and today I discovered these articles, and thought they may be an encouragement to others as they were to me... :)

Motherhood is a Calling

Motherhood as a Mission Field

4 comments:

  1. Oh no. You poor thing! Hope you pick up soon. I know it definitely is a lot harder being sick when you're a mummy. Hopefully Anthea doesn't get any worse!

    I'll check out the articles soon, they look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke too soon, within a few hours she was all blocked up and we had a pretty bad night... today we went and bought a vaporiser... hopefully tonight will be better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! So sad to hear you're not well. Abby is all blocked up too, and it's been hard enough, but I haven't even got it! So good on you for still functioning!!!

    I've read the Mission Field article, and that was really good... looking forward to reading the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read you've been crook, and I hope you're feeling heaps better now! Looking forward to those photos! xo

    ReplyDelete